View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 924RACR View Post
Actually the point about better rubber means (assuming you do it right, your suspension balance is good, and you are using the extra grip) you can carry more speed THROUGH the corners.

Since you can go THROUGH the corner faster, you can enter the corner faster... which means LESS braking.

So, I understand the desire for better brakes, and nothing wrong with that - but I'm wondering if you're not getting the full benefit of the fresh rubber (or is it too old to stick well, if used?).
Vaughan, I think it's actually both symptoms that you find with better/bigger rubber. Yes you can carry more speed through the corners (although you induce more body roll as well...all things being equal), but coming up to hard braking areas puts more stress on the braking system as you are carrying more speed...in my experience anyway. As an example, I went from noisy push understeer on worn Nittos to sharp turn in and higher corner speed when only switching to Hoosier R80s in the afternoon. In only say 8 short laps I was getting brake fade and soft pedal where I'd previously not had any of that all day. So it's a dual edged sword in some cases.

Youtube 333pg333

86 modified 951

Last edited by 333pg333; 08-11-2011 at 04:53 AM..
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)