View Single Post
Infidel

As you say, it's all different with racing fuel, the car above is running normal 98 RON fuel, not sure what that equates to in the states, maybe 93? I know it's measured differently over there, isn't it MON or something?
We don't get any E85 here, what equivalent is that in RON?

As GFJ said in another thread, if you manage to keep your chamber temps in check (i wasn't sure what he was eluding to at the time, but it's obviously combustion chamber), then it should be fine, and that's all possible with twin plug, racing fuel, a quality intercooler, and plenty of oil cooling....
I know Eddie and Juan run big boost, and they've both posted some seriously quick times, it's clearly doable...... I guess us Europeans try and over engineer stuff, or we're just pussies

The 935 ran 2.7 bar!! But you had the heads welded on, lots of water in there to help, as well as the flat fan, and then you simply threw the whole top end in the scrap bin after 30hrs.....

The cams are going to be a major decision, balancing drivability over getting as much air in and out as possible.... Looking forward to seeing it all come together!
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)