View Single Post

Garage
Now thats crazy. My fathers family is from Seem gård in Grong which is a few miles away. Same river, Namsen. Small world I spent many of my summers as a young boy in Grong as well. The Seem farm dates back to before the viking era. They have found remains of a settlement there that dates back to 700 AD.

This picture show my grandfather on the left when he was 14. This photo is taken in 1914 when they took this 29,5 Kg ( 65 lb) salmon on a fly rod.

Now back to your problem. There you see your dosdevices directory. So if you type into the terminal window:

cd .wine/dosdevices

then plug in the Zeitronix to the USB port and do:

ls /dev

Its going to be a long list of stuff in several colums. Look if you can find ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB1 or maybe ttyACM0 or 1

Whatever you find, you use in the next command you type into the terminal:

ln /dev/ttyUSB0 com1

or

ln /dev/ttyACM0 com1

In the Zeitronix software you can select between several com ports. If your software is set up tpo use com3, you can replace com1 with com3 in the commands above

afterwards, type
ls -l
and post the output so I can check that the link is ok, and the same as mine.

Good luck, and say hi to your parents.
1972 BMW 3.0S
Old 08-13-2011, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)