View Single Post
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Wastegate pipe - where does it go?

Hi folks,

A quick one for you pls - I removed the wastegate yesterday to get to the valve cover for a quick look/see...however, upon reinstallation of the WG when I went to bolt the banjo pipes back on, the one that fixes to the top of the WG cap/cover was extremely wobbly. All bolted back correctly, the orientation of the bent pipe follows the WG profile no prob, but when I look in the top of the engine bay, all I can see is that it has a bend that appears to go nowhere (vent to atmosphere?)

My thoughts were that it looks like it's come out of a fixing near the spark plug for #1 (another banjo bolt that looks to have a similar dia hole in the top), but the orientation of the pipe bend looks wrong.

There's no loose rubber hoses around either (I know the banjo pipe on the lower part of the WG comes through the tinware then joins a rubber hose, that's intact)

Any ideas pls?

(If it did come out of the holed banjo bolt, then a) it wasn't in there very securely, as I barely move the pipe, and b) it's going to be a right bugger to get back in place!)

Many thanks
Spencer.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)