View Single Post

Hi Mark,
I like your style and I always enjoy your commentary. I'm glad you didn't self impose your 30 day forum ban that you mentioned humorously in an earlier post.
What you say above is quite true but to get all those essentials worked out well from a shop is not so easy unless you are there watching and confirming.
Ignorance is bliss sometimes.
In the past, I enjoyed my first 930 so much more. A 1977 3.0L non intercooler factory design.
I would drive it with track tires on for 600 miles round trip and race it at Watkins Glen for 3 days and drive her home. I never knew of all the things I should be worrying about. Now I have computers and aftermarket gauges and I'm now scared $hitless of a major failure again.
The Big BANG just took all the old fun out of it.
Before the stock market hurt me in a big way, I had a 1989 DP935 that was detuned down to 430hp and I sold it when I lost control at Lime Rock Raceway. I saved the car from a wreck, but I knew that the future temptation would always be just a foot stomp away.
This stuff is additive, right?

Last edited by NY930; 08-16-2011 at 07:47 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)