View Single Post

I think we all live in fear of the ultimate meltdown. What if...what if...some critical piece malfunctions? What I have found is that ignorance is sometimes bliss. With all the on-board gizzmos telling me what my motor is doing, it's almost too much information. I liken it to old-school analog mercury thermometers vs. digital that change every 1/10th of a degree every time you look at it. Too much info. I have to force myself to look at the various gauges just periodically to confirm that all is well, vs. focusing intently on AFR's and such to "make sure" all is safe. $hit, a person should keep his eyes on the road and trust that all is well. Besides, if I were to be blasting along at top boost and see my AFR's hanging at 14 for some reason, it would be too late by then as tell-tale sounds of coins rattling in a tin can would spell doom.
Properly tuned, properly maintained, and these cars are such a kick in the ass that it's worth the worry I guess. Each to his own.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)