Thread: Sparks?????
View Single Post

The highest quality and longest lasting steel used in the ground electrode of any sparkplug is... Autolite.

I've heard that more than once and other than that they all do the same thing,,, spark.

The heat range is determined by how long the center electrode and it's porcelin insulator in the combustion chamber is before it attaches and transfers heat to the rest of the sparkplug and then the cyinder head.
A short fat one transfers the heat from the tip of the center electrode to the rest of the plug and cylinder head quickly so it runs cooler and a hot plug has a long skinny insulator around the center elctrode so it transfers some of the heat to the rest of the plug slower and that makes it run hotter. you canlook at them and see the difference if they are clean.

That said I like Bosch plugs best and I can't tell any difference in how the motor runs with any name brand correct heat range single ground electrode sparkplug - copper, silver, or platinum they all do the same thing.

Bosch W4CS silver plugs are in my motor because I heard they are very good and they cost about 1/3 of the origonal Bosch W3DPO sideways sparking pure platinum cold plugs which also run fine without fouling in my motor.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)