View Single Post

Quote:
I'm thinking this is not a clone but rather a modifed Garrett. Seems every shop has their own version of a "hybrid".
I agree with Brian, and that is what my "friend" that sold me the turbo says. I just don't like the secrecy behind the turbine size and the grinding of the bolt head so it can't be easily disassembled on the hot side. He hasn't offered the "shop" name during our conversations about the turbo. I don't think he wants me to "go around him" and comunicate direct with the supplier.

He did give me some specs. on the turbo and then I measured the inducer and exducer dimentions of the compressor wheel. I come up with a 56 trim. The specs. he stated was:
GT35R Hybrid
T3-T4
61 Compressor wheel (and it's stamped CCE-61 on the inside of the compressor housing)
Stage 5 Turbine wheel
.82 AR turbine housing
And said it will move 62 Lbs. of air per minute
1991 964 Turbo,3.3 ,Polar silver, Fabspeed headers and exhaust, stock W/G, Greddy EBC, Synapse BOV, BL WUR w/ RPM CSV switch, CIS Fuelhead mods, GT 35 Turbo, Snow W/Meth Inj., K&N Cone Air Filter, AAR delete, Decel valve delete, Zeitronics ZR-2 AFR
1994 968 White, bone stock! (son's first car)
Old 08-18-2011, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)