View Single Post
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by philt68 View Post
so i've had the car inspected-steel hood check, oil cooler, single motor, etc check...

i have a factory certificate of authenticity that say it had the factory slantnose option...

BUT

vin number is WP0JB0938HS051192

this reads as an ordinary 911 -am i making a mistake-don't factory slant nose VIN's start WP0EB..?

help!

thanks
Sounds like it was a factory slant. Were it an "ordinary 911" you'd also have a "1" where the "3" is in you VIN. The "3" designates that it's a turbo car. A "1" in that space would indicate that it started it's life as a normally-aspirated car.

I noticed some inconsistency between the "J" and "E" when I was searching for a car. Books would say one thing and the actual stamped VIN and accompanying paperwork would say the other.

Also don't freak out if you find a stamped VIN in the front trunk with WPOZZZ... That's one place that all cars--even US models--had the "ZZZ" designation in the VIN, though the rest of the VINs on the car and paperwork should read the proper JBO/EBO/ABO.

There's nothing in the VIN, itself, that will tell you if this is a factory slant or aftermarket conversion with proper parts.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)