View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to overkill
OK, cam timing,...

As of right now, I have my cams lined up perfectly with each other. I installed everything onto the end of the camshaft #1. This is what I did,... I put the gear on the end of the cam and then inserted 3 temp bolts and screwed them into place just a bit. Then I screwed in the cam bolt. I then placed the timing belt onto the gear. I then tightend the 3 temp bolts to hold the gear into place then cranked down the cam bolt to 65 - 70nm. My question is,... do cam gears have factory markings on them or are all these marks on my gear made by someone who had dismantled it before? I am pretty sure the my timing is dead on but the marking on the gear dont match with TDC even though the car is in perfect TDC. There are two markings i did notice that do match up. Someone had made 2 little hole marks on the end of the cam and two onthe gear. When I was done setting the time I noticed these marks and that they aligned perfectly. Please let me know asap, I am getting ancy here. I want to start the car up today.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)