Thread: ignition help
View Single Post

jsveb, no worries. I had the distributor re-built by one who is considered the best in the business. I've checked the position of the rotor to the distributor housing to Z1 many times. Then while cranking with a timing light the spark shows it at TDC, I figured that even if not the exact setting the car would run and then I'd fine tune.... When rotating the engine by hand I can feel the pressure build up when #1 is on the compression stroke and Z1 lines, so proffighter, I don't think the pulley has slipped, but it's worth checking. Now that I think about it, when I was cranking on the car and turning the distributor, when I rotated the distributor (as far as it would move) where is was retarded the engine would stop cranking due to the spark. I think it was retarded. I rotated the distributor the other way and it cranked over easy. I don't know maybe a tensioner collapsed?? and has altered the cam timing? There is no "extra" noises going on with the engine. The tensioners are pressure fed.
I'm new to the turbo thing but without boost it's just like any other engine.
thanks Frank
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)