View Single Post

Ignition switch & flapper box..

Hi guys, bit of a noob and not a mechanic, so please forgive me..

I have spent hours searching this great forum though. I'm so glad that i have a 930, and that there are still so many enthusiasts..

I have 2 questions on my 81 uk 930.

1. My ignition key / switch is shot. It turns ok to position 2? But when I turn it further to actually start cranking it jams and can take 5+ goes back and forth.. I have a friend who is a locksmith who can renew the internals but is it hard to get out so I can take the barrel unit to him? Are there loads of wires to disconnect or is it a simple harness clip thing? Ive had a good look under the dash, but it's a mass of wires all neatly cable tied, and I don't want to snip all the ties without knowing what to expect.

2. I have auto heat, which I know is a pain.. Heat won't come on. Before I remove / check the control box, can someone tell me / show me a pic of where the "flapper box" things are - I know a lot of posts say to check they haven't rusted shut - I just don't know where to look!

Thanks guys.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)