View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
I've had all this stuff on and off more times tha a $10
hookers drawers. Everything seems to be fabricate, mock up, test fit, modify,
refit, order something else, wait for parts, refit, and paint.
Story of my life!........LOL

Nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
I can't sleep as well as I used to ever since you made your new cross member brace to hold the weight of your motor - I feel like it needs some tube steel bracing to keep it from flexing front to back
The stock crossmember isn't very stiff front-to-back either. Put it on a couple blocks and push on the center, deflects pretty easily. It appears Porsche didn't worry about that too much, and relied on the trans mount to locate the engine front-to-back. The rear crossmember was used for the weight of the engine, and part of the side-to-side support. It seems the stock crossmembers can fail around the mount sleeves on each end, and looking at how small that connection is, it's a good idea to gusset or double that area. Just like the factory did on Coles's pics. I think what Cole has will do the job.

Last edited by WinRice; 08-19-2011 at 08:09 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)