View Single Post

Quote:
Something very odd about that turbine housing, not any Garrett casting I've ever seen.
Also, there's no such thing s a GT35R with different wheels -- if you don't have a GT35R compressor wheel and a GT35R turbine wheel, it's not a GT35R (GT3582R).
Take a photo of the ID tag on the center bearing housing.
I've seen some pretty good fakes, and if you know what you're looking at you can spot the differences.
The GT35R is not that big a turbocharger, and on a 3.3L with bolt-ons it performs absolutely great.
Email me and I'll give you a lit of the other pieces you'll need to finish up the installation.
Chris, thanks for any help or input you can give me. Here are the pics of the main bearing housing and the only cast identifiers on the turbo. If this turns out to be a chinese copy of a Garrett I won't be using it.

1991 964 Turbo,3.3 ,Polar silver, Fabspeed headers and exhaust, stock W/G, Greddy EBC, Synapse BOV, BL WUR w/ RPM CSV switch, CIS Fuelhead mods, GT 35 Turbo, Snow W/Meth Inj., K&N Cone Air Filter, AAR delete, Decel valve delete, Zeitronics ZR-2 AFR
1994 968 White, bone stock! (son's first car)
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)