View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Those temps are high, but not unexpected if the ambient temp is hot. I've seen my CHT in the same range when ambients are 90-100. And that was with me driving rather gently on the highway.

Another data point, on track (where I was into boost WAY more than you'll ever be on the street) most of the CHT data I logged was clustered around 340, with a peak of 377. It was a sunny day with ambient temps in the low to mid 60s. On a 90+ degree day, I have no doubt that I'd be seeing well over 400 CHTs, and that's why I'm not tracking the car in the summer (will do spring and fall events only).

I do plan to monkey with ignition timing just a little, but my ultimate plan to reduce CHT is to add water meth injection.
Is your car street & track? Do you know what your CHT would be driving on the highway on a hot day?

CHT seemed to be a good thing to measure, but there is not much data available for a turbo/sc'ed street car.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)