Thread: weird oil leak.
View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
You had mentioned the cam seal and the scavenge pump. Is the oil at all in this area in the photo below? If so, this is from the seal behind the air pump pulley that runs off the cam. It is behind the engine tin and can be seen in these photos underneath the pulley by the lower valve cover. Mine was leaking here as you can see but not at the rate per your description.

Not sure, but trying to help.

Bryan

Hey I am very interested in finding out where I can order this replacement seal. Do you have a part number and a supplier where to order this from? I looked on this Pelican site and did not find it offered for my 79 930 engine. I think my seal leaks slightly as well.
thanks,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)