View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMickey View Post
Getting more confident each day! Thanks guys!

What about turbo sizing though? Would be nice to have something that spools very early, (sub 3000's) even at the expense of top end power. I like my powerband fat and meaty as opposed to peaky.
For a bolt on affair, I'd say go with a GT30R ball-bearing unit for best response. It'd be good for up to 500 crank HP That gives you room to grow down the track if you ever decide to mod the internals, drop compression, and up the boost to 0.8 - 1.0 bar. Any higher and I'd be looking at a GT35R.

Go with a GT30R with 0.81 A/R hot housing with V-band discharge. Then when you want to step up to a GT35R, it will just drop in place without any adaption needed

Wastegate - don't ever skimp on quality here. Go for a Tial 46mm unit with whatever boost pressure spring you want to run on your bolt-on setup. Springs are interchangeable so you can always swap them out when you want more power.

Headers - for bolt on power levels you'll be running, GSF or OBX is fine and quite cost effective. If you want big power levels over 500+, get custom race headers designed to flow more efficiently. Dont know if the cheaper units will last at big power levels.

Good luck
Old 08-24-2011, 12:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)