View Single Post

My .02. Stay with the GS/D3. Do a search and see what tire pressure folks are running with these tires. You say 24 lbs, is that hot or cold. Check the tire pressure as soon as you come off the track. Once you have the proper tire pressure, adjusting the pressure is the same as small sway bar adjustments. I would set both sway bars in the middle as a start point, then adjust from there. According to the Smart Racing sway bar instructions adjusting the front or rear bar is based on whether the car is under/over steering going into or coming out of a corner, don't remember which.
Your car may be so far out of adjustment that none of the stuff mentioned above does much, if anything.
If you want to take things further invest in a digital protractor to check camber, and either make or buy a set of Smart Strings to check toe and squareness. Check and record the suspension set up when you get it back from the shop as a future reference, also to check their work. I've had the unfortunate experience of having a couple different shops botch my suspension set up, so I started doing it my self.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)