View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
If your spring rates are too far out no tuning of the sway bars is gonna correct your problem.
You need to decrease that front torsion bar diameter to get the spring rate down to what others have already suggested. You want to increase the factory rates approximately equally so figure out how track oriented you want to make things and get a value over stock first. For example I went about 80% stiffer as a target than original t-bars because I still drive on the street. So I ordered both new t-bars springs that got as close to that value as possible.
I run 22 frt 31 rear hollow bars on my 79 930 turbo and it is very neutral or slightly towards understeer. I can fine tune with the sways and at low speeds it still understeers which in large part the LSD diff causes as well.
After your all done lower the car to get the CG down and corner balance it. Alignment is another ball of wax, but in my opinion run as much neg front camber as possible for track days.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 08-25-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Old 08-25-2011, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)