Thread: Ic upgrade ?
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
It's been suggested here before, and Im no expert, but it seems to me tha t a larger intercooler contributes to increased lag as the larger volume takes more time to fill (were probably talking tenths of sec). I'm not suggesting you find a smaller intercooler though (such as the stock intercooler).
Here we go again...your statement is not a true one. With an intercooler it is all about surface area....so therefore the wider and longer the better (or to sound intelligent "efficient"..btw I am NOT intelligent). I designed and built a few different intercoolers for my 930 and the pressure drop is negligible especially with today's modern efficient cores...go as big as you can fit (and can afford)..or go home.

I would like to test one of those Andial units, way better than stock and the RUF units I say, but not sure where it starts choking...B&B intercooler is excellent BTW.

Heat is the enemy..management of heat (and fuel) = longevity and happiness.

Speaking of happiness, can you please share some pics of the 365 / Daytonas that absolutely make my pulse race?
Yasin
Old 08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)