Thread: Ic upgrade ?
View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I have not seen any proof that ball bearings spool significantly faster than the more robust gernal bearing design. To me it is marketing crap. Boost threshold (spool time) is affected by many things, one of them being heat. Your present intercooler is very good for performance street. I would go full bay on a track car. The difference is time spent on boost. A street engine can recover very quickly from short burts of boost followed by cruising speeds. Heat soaking is an issue (stop and go) but again the intercooler will recover very quickly once the car is underway. Add a proper shroud if one is not being used, huge help in cooling.
First thing is get rid of that Monty. I don't care if you get mine or hang a cherrybomb off the back, anything straight through is better than a restrictive baffled muffler.
Short tube headers are a 35WHP bolt-on, equal length tuned 50WHP.
You don't say which K27 you have but with that, 1bar, and headwork there is a lot of potential power corked up right now.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)