View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

+1 on that and also for the record the most economical fuel delivery system out there is the Megasquirt system with any number of ignition systems (megasuirt can drive coil packs directly) and well. It is as I said economical completely open source and well supported on many forums this one included, as for kits M&K exhaust is putting together a turbo kit that uses 321 stainless steel components rather than 304 SS which is suspect in the high heat applications of a turbo motor. Just throwing out there another alternative to the expensive motec systems and others that have tuners with expensive software or stuff that most people have never heard of that is manufactured overseas with no one in the US that supports it that I know of. DIYautotune.com has all you need there is also the Bitzracing kit which is pretty much complete and adaptable to a turbo application (that is the one I used) and Tony's support is unmatched and is upgradeable to newer megasquirt ecu's his kit is around 1400 dollars MMMickey I don't know where you are located that would be helpful for forum members to give you better help but also I might mention the simple digital systems (SDS) 1700 dollars about, which is used for some efi applications on this forum and I think is supported well. SO I am just throwing that out there so you don't have one questionable product put out as the most economical kit out there as it is not by far at 2500 for the ecu and harness where the Bitzkit has everything you need except FPR and injectors and SDS is complete with everything including the coilpack except the FPR and injectors nd depending on what you want to do some sensors and the price is around a grand less. I hope you have enough info to make an informed decision on what to use on this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
Nice patronising tone, your car is an SC with a 930 engine, don't kid yourself hypocrite boy, you're well and truly in the frankenporsche club.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me

Last edited by gsmith660; 08-27-2011 at 09:23 PM..
Old 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)