View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughac View Post
Can you guys help me out by replying with links to the best sources for these parts?
I'm so tired and ashamed of my Porsche being a lump and my garage full of parts!
Thanks much, and I promise to post tons of embarrasing pics.

*EDIS6 coil
*crank sensor kit
*Megasquirt by TBitz and DIY
*VEMS, the low cost EFI system to consider
*injector blocks
*Injectors
*MS2 with relay board
*Anything else you recommend?
I sourced a lot of my material from a local U-pick salvage yard, incuding several EDIS-6 controllers, coils, and VR sensors. Boost Engineering (Boost Engineering - Advanced Engine Management) is another source if you don't have a wrecking yard nearby. Ebay also frequently has EDIS parts for sale.
Clewett Engineering is a good source for Porsche specific EFI parts (Clewett Engineering, The complete solution for ignition & fuel injection). I sourced my crank pulley, VR sensor bracket, 60-2 wheel, cam sensor kit, and EDIS wires from him. I originally ran a 36-1 wheel (necessary for EDIS) from GSF which did not have the correct EDIS offset so had to modify the crank pulley.
If you go Megasquirt, I highly recommend buying a complete wiring harness from DIYaututune rather than attempt to build your own. Unless you have access to cheap bulk wire, you will spend more money and a lot more time trying to build your own.
The relay board I found to be more trouble than anything in the long run and have deleted it from my setup (it doesn't work well with MS3 anyway). It does simplify wiring initially but wasn't durable for me.
PS: For the cost of shipping, I'll gladly donate to you all of my leftover EDIS bits including a GSF crank pulley, 3 EDIS-6 coils, 3 EDIS-6 controllers, VR sensor, relay board, and any other bits I have lying around.

Last edited by sjf911; 08-28-2011 at 06:35 AM..
Old 08-28-2011, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)