View Single Post
Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911TT33 View Post
Awesome conversion! Well done

Curious, where exactly did you drain the turbo oil to near the oil pressure switch? Is there a pre-existing tapped port there?

Thanks! That's the one issue I'm still working out. It's currently being drained to the spot next to the breather on top of the crankcase. There's a test fitting that was not in use, so I pulled it and got a metric to AN fitting. With the scavenge pump the system works, but not as well as I would like. The catch can fills up quickly so I need to leave the pump on for a few minutes after shutoff. Albert from GSF says that I'm returning the oil to the wrong spot because there is crankcase pressure there and at the same time, I'm trying to return there. He suggested that I run it directly to the oil tank. I've also seen a lot of people use the drain method to the crankcase via drain plug fitting, so I'm going to try pumping it back to the crankcase first. All I need is a $12.00 fitting and the return shot is less than a foot, so I'll try that first. My logic is that if some applications work with just a drain to the crankcase why wouldn't pumping it in be better? Plus the pump will act as a check valve so that oil wont drain back into the can and up to the turbo overnight. Again, that's what I think and I'll let you know if it works, but the top fitting doesn't seem to be the best place for my particular setup. If that doesn't work. I'll pull the oil tank and weld up an AN fitting. Mike, I'm waiting patiently for the D ZUG reflector.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S 997.2 (SOLD)
Old 08-28-2011, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)