View Single Post
Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
Cool project. I enjoy seeing home brew and it's an interesting comparison you've described between the turbo and supercharger platforms, this is something I've been wondering about.

Early on you mention insufficient funds for standalone EFI, to which I'd like to contribute that if your AFRs are where you want them, and you have the timing curve you want then there won't be a whole heck of a lot to gain by going standalone.

I take your car is a 911 platform? 915 or 930 box?

Give us a side shot of your WHOLE car!

That was my thinking as well on the stand alone. This year alone I've done a complete IROC conversion, Lindsey wheels, top end rebuild, web cams and turbo conversion, so putting out another 2, 3, 4k? on a standalone wasnt something I wanted to do. I'll save that for when I join the big dogs here over 1 bar. Gearbox is a rebulit 915 with LSD so thats another reason for not going too crazy just yet.
Overall with the car weighing in at around 2150 its pretty dam fast and it'll hold me over for a while. Here's an old shot of it with the former boost system;

1976 RSR Backdate (Turbo 3.2)
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)