View Single Post

Great question.

We have all heard that CIS does not like an aggressive cam and I do not think you could get this to work on an SC.

However, the 930 is a bit of a different animal.

First, I doubt the Monster Builder went so far down the Miller Cycle path to be actually be a Miller Cycle motor.

Only that it might give a clue to how he achieved such a high level of efficiency measured by the gross TQ he achieved at his peak boost level.

Also, I suspect that once the turbo is making boost the pressure will work to overcome the intake blow back.

It is only a guess but CIS could even benefit from some of the intake blow back that comes with the Miller Cycle. It just might improve atomization some which is a problem at low rpm with a very low compression CIS turbo motor.

As to creating issue with the metering function, the 930's is very isolated compared to say an SC.

There is lot of volume between the intake valve and the metering plate with about 5 feet of large diameter tubing, metering assembly, and the intercooler. Plus there is the turbo's compressor mass to further buffer any pressure wave potential.

Just a guess.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)