View Single Post
Infidel

When i blew up my 930 lump i was seriously considering sending it to him, he's well respected by a lot of people over there, the guy clearly knows his onions...... It's a stonking amount of power for CIS, no mistake there.
The engine may not deliver the power to everyones taste, it'll be useless in anything other than dry conditions. I also don't doubt it gets pretty hot if pushed hard on long runs, i'd really like to know more about how he controls everything, whether there is any knock control, whether it pulls boost or timing if the temps go too high........ That's the biggest worry with CIS, there's very little to prevent everything melting if something is wrong. He has to have some type of management/safety in there. A cold winters day is very different to a blazing hot summer here in Europe, it can't just be set up for 20-degC conditions and left. The fact that it's varying the boost through the RPM range says it's got some control, i'd love to know how it's all set up.
Maybe on my next jaunt over on the continent i'll swing by and pick his brains
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 08-30-2011, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)