View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
He's running more boost than that in the mid range, when i spoke to him a few years ago he wouldn't say the exact amount, but i was assuming a 1.5bar minimum peak, his words were "a LOT of boost in the mid range"
He was explaining to me that as there is so much fuel available in the mid range he can run plenty of boost there, and then tapers it off as he goes up...... His engine dyno will give more accurate results than a chassis dyno, look at the cooling on the thing.....
It would be interesting to know how the boost and ignition is controlled on these CIS builds?
Yes for sure Mike Seven is using a lot of boost in mid range.

I even think is using more than 1.5 bar in midrange ( maybe with lower CR and keeping regular timing ).

The turbo he is using is one of the key point ( Intercooler helps as well) . A huge turbo which start to spool at decent RPM but which need about 1500 RPM (!) to reach the desired boost level @ 4600 RPM.... short lag is certainely not the goal (but efficiency and flow capability are ).

The cams he is using are not exotic.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)