View Single Post

The R&P change to the 8:41 or 8:39 will make it similar to a 5 spd but no 5th gear. Top end is around 150mph in 4th, so a little higher than the 135 mph in 3rd that you get now and 75 mph cruise is around 3300 rpm. These motors like RPM to stay running clean so what's not to like unless on the autobhan or similar road. Cost wise it is minimal if you are rebuilding the Trans otherwise. I would guess it would overall cost about half $$$ amount while still maintaining your originality . Many of these transaxles that were upgraded to lower R&P were changed in the late 70s early 80s were made by great tuners such as Andial /Alan Johnson/ Kremer etc, what more can i say except I have these cars and they are really fun compared to the higher R&P cars. Mooney just replaced his lower top end speed ( 155 mph ) with a stock R&P ( 195 MPH) from my extra parts bin and mentioned he would part ihis 8:41 for around $500., not too long ago.

Last edited by voitureltd; 09-01-2011 at 05:40 AM..
Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)