View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
What, you don't get full boost until 5000? Or do I misunderstand your post? If true, that aint right.
My car has never gotten sideways in second, or first gear for that matter. But then, I don't get full boost until around 3800 because I'm "still" running (Cole, be gentle) with the 7006 K27. That lets me get my road speed high enough so as not to break traction when things ramp up. Then just hang on for your life. Of course, I don't have quite the mods you have.
I concur...
Had a problem awhile ago with the distributor/coil--(missing)no pull. (chk distrib-setup-vac lines-timing-etc)
Similar set-up---My boost comes in about 3200-3500-depending on weather conditons..Colder the better..1bar spring--hit 1bar now and then..holds on top end.--Freakin world of difference going from 80+degrees to low 70's
My 915- 3rd gear--3000rpm--sweet spot to 6000rpm.. K-27-7006 & SC-Cams--nice overlap--lopey/idle..
My car-Top end rebuild-rings-bearing-valve guides-etc-MSD6AL&(MSD(new-epoxy) Coil-HKS/AIC-Open/box intake/magnecor-wires/..No A/C unit..front oil cooler-braded lines.
The funny thing I just changed my belt/oil&filter change..And now the car feels much more agressive--and runs with more charge.. The Old belt was a little loose..didn't think it would make just a BIG DIFFERENCE, but it did.. I knew I had a problem downshifting--heel/toe...revs/slipping---were a little wacked..

Walt

Last edited by wjfk32; 08-31-2011 at 05:30 AM..
Old 08-31-2011, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)