View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraJet View Post
I've been reading your postings and someone recommended this thread to me. This project is close to what I'd like to build, very nice!

Are you running stock cams? What boost levels do you think you can run with this engine?

Edit:
Love the sound she makes in the video!
The engine is stock 2.4L T except for the turbocharger installation and added systems I note. I have the MSD with boost retard feature however I find I can leave the stock advance when I use water/alcohol injection.

Boost today is set at 6psi. I suspect it would be OK at 8psi now that the extreme 95 degree days are by and large gone for the summer. I'm not one to go to boost higher levels because the effective compression ratio gets high and the power increase is marginal for all the added stress - and risk.

One really nice benefit of the turbo is the engine's breathing is improved at the upper rev range despite the stock "T" cams. The engine is still making good power up to 6600RPM. Power delivery is very progressive. No OFF-ON turbo feeling.

Last edited by copbait73; 09-01-2011 at 05:58 AM..
Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)