View Single Post
Tim Allen is my HERO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
The engine is stock 2.4L T except for the turbocharger installation and added systems I note. .......
Boost today is set at 6psi. I suspect it would be OK at 8psi now that the extreme 95 degree days are by and large gone for the summer. I'm not one to go to boost higher levels because the effective compression ratio gets high and the power increase is marginal for all the added stress - and risk. .......
By risk I assume that you mean grenading? Are these engines that fragile?

I'm not building a race car nor will it be daily driven. I just want something that I can use on weekends and a few times a week and not have to worry about damaging.

I have built a blueprinted turbo engine before, but no experiance with a Porsche. This wasn't a bleeding edge HiPo combination but it was eventually above 15PSI and never had any damage from the extra pressure. It also had WA injection to help prevent detonation. This was all back in the day when there wasn't the large choice of turbos that we have now and no one ever heard of EFI.

My thoughts on a Porsche turbo are for Megasquirt(already working on it) and T/IC. However I wouldn't want to do this if the engines just won't take it.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)