View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
So this morning (perfect conditions, about 56 degrees outside) during my morning commute, I did a couple tests. Second gear, steady 2000 rpms until I'm outa the city limits....radar detector on....I put the pedal to the metal. Hold it....hold it.....and full boost hit at about 3800 (hard to tell 'cause things happen awfully fast). Then repeated the test but in 3rd gear, starting at 2000. Peak boost achieved at about 3600. I may repeat this test this afternoon, but starting at 3000 rpms.
This morning's commute, holding at 3000 rpms in 3rd gear - stomp on it - and full boost at about 3800. Then, holding at 3600 no-load rpms - stomp on it - and full boost at 3800 rpms. Just the nature of my 7006 turbo I guess. So for me, the sweet spot is 3600 and beyond rpms where I get almost instant peak boost, with maximum torque but a heartbeat away.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)