View Single Post

Garage
'Made in China' is a multi-faceted problem, just as union workers back in the 70's/80's of the Big 3 complained they were not allowed to build great cars(when in fact the engineering/R&D was so poor, regardless of how well it was build, it still was a POS).

The company I work for has oversea's offices all around the world...the PRIMARY reason(not for a perceived cost savings) is in America, we have so many 'educated' people, but a real lack of serious brain-power in the US. Virtually NOBODY that is white goes into the real hard sciences anymore. I am one of a few token white-guys in an engineering firm which is primarily asian/indian/philipino. The generation that followed the space programs(grunge/Gen Y) became more fixated on the love of $$$$(and to those who love money, they will NEVER have enough).

Now all the brain-power that would have been dictating 'Tomorrow Land'(aka a real vision of the future) are white-collar corporate criminals running our banks/morgage companies/corporations, and making 'deals' to sell out the American worker and make stuff over in China(so they can increase their already staggering profit margins)

It's a new day in America, and the "culture of corruption" is like a massive oil spill covering our nation at every level. And the biggest excuse you'll ever hear one say to themselves is burying their heads in the sands, turning a blind eye, and saying "I was just doing my job".

"to sin in silence is what makes cowards of men".
Old 09-03-2011, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)