View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
I have an 83' SC that I dropped a 3.3L in roughly a year ago.

Front Bilsteins inserts were changed(stock units), but I haven't done the rear yet. The car was lowered a bit in the front(making it a bit lower overall because of the nose raising in the air with the heavier 3.3L verus 3.0)

Crumbling infrastructure HWY's in Los Angeles are nothing short of garbage...they must be using recycled taco-shells and playdough to repair the potholes.

Any suggestions on what I should put in the rear(since there is a zillion choices)?

Thx.
Stock torsion bars? Stock 3.3?

When I had a stock 3.3 with 21/30 TB's, it felt border-line uncontrollable when the 3DLZ hit, there was so much squat at the rear - cowl would get right in the line of sight. K27/HF sorted that right out, by making boost progressively from earlier - like 6PSI of boost @ 2400 - so there's no sledgehammer to the chest @ 3000. An LSD will also make it all much more controllable.

I have no idea what stock TB's would be like with a stock 930 - but shocks don't deal with weight, they provide damping. Springs - or torsion bars - deal with weight.

Some folks would run 22's up front with 30 rear for the track, but keeping the front supple really keeps the end that should be steering stuck on the road over bumps/ripples. I like it a lot the way it is, for mixed use (mostly street).

As far as shocks go, I'm going to send my spare set to Steve Weiner for one of his custom re-valves when I get him to raise the front spindles.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)