View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post

PorscheGAL -- spoke with your husband last week about performance mods for the 4-speed and this is what I recommended to him: if you want to make changes for performance, change the gears only, and use genuine Porsche gears. Change the ratios to suit your driving and powerband.
If you like 4th for a highway cruising gear, keep it as is.
Want 1st just a little shorter, like a 8:39 would do for your 4-speed? Change it. Then space 2nd and 3rd appropriately.
With the help of a gear chart, this is pretty easy to figure out. Call or email if you want to go over it.
Otherwise, if you're happy with the gearing of the 4-speed, leave it as-is and just fix the 2nd & 3rd gear synchros.
Chris, thanks for your input and my husband appreciated your honest opinion. We are going to stick with a stock setup. The examples of why to change the gear setup that you told my husband, made us think about what we wanted. Our previous reasons on changing were not based strongly enough on evidence. We have enjoyed the stock setup with a few exceptions. The few exceptions do not justify changing the setup.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)