View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Wow. Thanks for that. Oil level has been a little low and when i drained it this weekend about 9 liters from both sump and tank. Filled up is about 14 liters so i`m good there.

I think i`ll change the valve stem only then on the sylinder with the wet valve, change most gaskets, new oil, oil filter, plugs etc etc get it back together and take it from there.

Initionally i thought the turbo was gone as a friend was on my ass when i downshifted to run off and got blue smoke coming out. I noticed the oil coming into the turbo inlet and that made me unsure as that has nothing to do with turbo. Then when i removed the headers i noticed the exhaust valve wet.
Quote:
Oil in the intake pipe and airflow meter like you have is likely coming from the oil tank breather hose and that usually points to over filled engine oil level, or worn piston rings, piston ring lands, cylinder walls, or broken piston rings from excessive detonation and the resulting combustion blowby carrying oil mist into the crankacse breather hose and if it's eventually connected to the air cleaner housing like it origonally is it gets recycled into the air intake leaving oil film on everything in it's path.
This film of oil is just what it seems like. Not much but a thin layer of oil everywhere. Also in the IC.
I can hear a small oil sucking sound when i move the impellar wheel around on the turbo. Not sure how much movement i much.
I will post a thread into the engine forum now that i know it`s there. How did i miss that.

Quote:
you could just rebuild the entire motor instead as suggested. LOL
Really don`t want to do that!!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)