View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby466 View Post
I had to do that too with the boost gauge but when I suddently let go the throttle from full boost (0.9 bar), the needle jumps a bit to 1.2 bars so the red arrow is not all that good. Let me know if yours does the same.
Also, anybody knows where to get the key or what to use that works (I will try the head of a screw used in electronic components, it might work better than the long nose pliers I used before)
Thanks
David
From your description it sounds like your boost gauge is hooked up to the intercooler wastegate line or somewhere before the throttle body. A quick compressor surge boost spike when you quickly close the throttle during boost like your seeing would be normal in that configuration because the blow off or compressor bypass recirculation valve needs a fraction of a second to respond and open to vent off the air pressure.
If your using the stock 930 recirculation valve it is big, heavy, and slower to respond than a small lightweight C2 type bypass valve from a 964 turbo.

You should be taking your mechanical boost gauge line from the brake booster vacuum line in the front trunk. That way your boost gauge reading is what the motor is actually getting from the intake manifold after the throttle body and not the slightly higher pressure from the intercooler before the throttle body.

Don't know where you'll find a keyring tool for adjusting the telltale needle other than http://www.nhspeedometer.com/.

Last edited by JFairman; 09-09-2011 at 07:22 AM..
Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)