View Single Post
Blackbird Pilot

Blackbird Spit n' Shine for RRIV

Too lazy right now to repost pics as I'm on my phone but here's the jist:

So we have a few things lined up to ensure the K3 is up to snuff for the guys at RRIV and also to finally get her looking the way she should be after the testing phase has been completed.

So for right now we had to repair a cracked wheel (drivers rear) which has been done thanks to Petey Wheat and his sourcing abilities - the car is in Wilmington and will have to go up to Greensboro where we will spit shine her at our secret Skunk Werks facility.

But while she is in Wilmington we went ahead to being the fab of our 935 motor mount so we're rocking our own parts at RRIV.

So while we have some down time to fit the mount and get it perfect i'm having the headers, wastegate pipes & zork tubes coated in a white high temp coating to add a bit of 70's to the car - while making her look all pretty and getting rid of some of the flash rust occurring on the surface of the stainless steel.

BTW pulling headers on a 935 IS A PIECE OF CAKE!!! I had the turbos off in no time, headers came off without a hitch. Here's pics:

Pete & Me deciding our plot of doom after a drunken binge...

http://www.funfgruppen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3338#post3338
Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)