View Single Post

Garage
Need Help with fuel pressure

I am trying to trouble shoot the car being overly rich with throttle imput and too lean while just idling. It will stall out idling when warm.

I put gauges on the CIS. My system pressure was saying 86psi. When I would do a cold test the needle would drop quickly to about 25psi then shoot right back up to 86 and hold.
When I plug the wur in there were no changes to the pressure.

At first I thought it was the wur. It wasn't the element inside, that would warm up and the resistance was in spec for the strip. I checked the screen, cleaned the wur and reinstalled. Still no difference.

I finally purchased a rebuilt wur (not adjustable) car is mostly stock albeit SC cams and a K27hf turbo. I ran the gauge test again. Exactly the same results.

Is it possible the fuel return line could be plugged? I blew air through the return line and I could hear it entering the gas tank. Could it be the poppet valve. Doesn't that regulate system pressure as far as what bleeds off to the return line?

I removed it and it is clear of any obstructions.

I don't want to take this to a shop, I would prefer to work through it and learn. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to take this car to MO for Porsche Polooza in October, but I need to have confidence I 'm not going to get stuck or worse, damage the motor.

Thank you,

John

Last edited by sundevil64; 09-12-2011 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: add text and pic
Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)