View Single Post

Garage
jsveb,

I'll check the CO screw, that could be part of the problem. If I recall correctly, the fact manual says I should be between 2-4 bar.

Mark H,

The car has a specked history. The motor had been pulled and put in another 86 by the PO, then put back in when the PO decided to sell the 78 930 (which is the car we are currently talking about). We couldn't get it to start. It was not getting any fuel. I changed the accumulator and the filter. Then the supply line coming off the rear pump balloon and burst indicating a blockage somewhere. I replaced the fuel pump with another from my narrow body turbo project to test it and replaced the lines. I got the car started. I tinkered with the idle and the mixture until I could get it to run and idle smoothly. I drove it around the block a couple of time with an LM-1 attached and everything seemed fine, a little rich, but fine. Then it started acting up. It wouldn't idle for long periods with out stalling and with throttle input it would over richen to the 8 and 7 range. So I decided to get some CIS gauges and check pressures. I thought my wur was fired because it wasn't bleeding off the pressure.

As far as the wur, I not only check resistance I put my finger to the coating and it was heating up. At any rate I acquired a rebuilt one (not adustable) and have installed it with the same results. So It would tell me this isn't the wur. I hate just replacing parts. Everything was telling me the wur was shot.This wur (054) has a vacuum activated fuel enrichment, should I apply vacuum to it?

I have been thinking about putting the original rear fuel pump back in to see what I get. I didn't know if I should pull a shim from the poppet valve to lower the pressure. There is only one left.

John
Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)