View Single Post

I write down casual lists of things i want to do to the car on pieces of paper. Sometimes more than one list gets started - like right now I have a seperate list of things to do including valve adjustment, compression and leakdown, and another injector flow test next time I remove the intercooler... soon.

I want to remove the entire rear suspension and replace the worn out and distorted rubber and steel stock trailing arm bushings with rennline spherical bearings and resize the inner diameter of the currently too tight urethane bushings for my weltmiester adjustable springplates a little bigger so they stop binding and pivot easier and then install grease fittings to regrease them on the car.
I redid the worn front suspension with ER polybronze bushings, new balljoints, and tie rod ends last spring and that made a huge improvement.

The rear suspension will wait till November when the temperatures, humidity, and mosquitos calm down a bit.
I also won't start a project like removing the rear suspension that could disable the car for 4 -7 days or more this time of year and make it impossible to drive it somewhere safer if a hurricane hits here during september or october.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)