Thread: Diet question?
View Single Post

Garage
There is nothing to stripping these things. Take out what you don't think you will need and keep what you think you will. For instance, I need my bumbers because I never trust the people who parallel park in front or behind me. Heater I took out but put back once I moved to a place with sick highway speeds and more rain. But a much simpler heater. No controls on dashboard, just hoses from the floor area direct to the defrost funnels at the top. Power windows, mirrors, and stuff have to go. I don't use door panels either. Don't need them and not having them makes it a joke to fix door dings. Most of the stripping work is getting the interior nice enough for painting. Not just scraping but it could also mean straightening the floor some. As I've said before, I never cared much about weight reduction. I just really like no luxury inside a 911 or Jeep. Drill a couple of holes on the floor and clean the interior with a hose.

Last edited by Ed Bighi; 09-14-2011 at 09:44 AM..
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)