View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney265 View Post
Welcome, and I hope you didn't get "raked" with the insurance premium! I have mine through Haggardy [ty]? at $385/yr.

You may want to be very careful not to overfill your engine oil, because that breather [I circled] is pretty low and it would be very easy to end up with a quart of oil all over your engine bay!
I didn't even look at the breather...I got the car and it has been so cold I haven't had much exploring time. Sadly winter will be FAST approaching so I am already looking forward to next spring.

I'm in Canada and in this province we have government monopoly insurance which is typically stupid expensive but in the case of this car not so bad. I was able to register/license it as an antique and then added a "Stated Value" provision the the insurance. Appraiser put it at $30K. So I am at $360 per year for full comprehensive/collision/glass/2M liability and $500 deductible on all.

Not bad considering our '05 Audi is about $1300 per year and likely valued in the $15K range.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)