View Single Post

Location: A scenic and exhilarating drive along the Delaware River just one hour from Philadelphia, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue83Cab View Post
is the sender the sender unit gasket hard to replace? or just a basic loosen, install, align and tighten?
Very simple job to replace Sending Unit Gasket. I am sure you know where it is located but just in case it is denoted by black arrow in picture below. Here's how I did it:

1) Disconnect battery-(I always disconnect battery when working on electrical components associated with fuel system)

2) Remove connector plug on sending unit by simply pulling upward. Remember orientation of plug for reinstallation.

3) Remove the screws that secure sending unit to gas tank.

4) Pull out sending unit carefully out of gas tank and be gentle with it as the components are quite sensitive.

5) Remove old gasket, clean area for new gasket, install new gasket and install sending unit back into tank. Tighten screws gradually in a criss cross pattern to ensure even sealing of new gasket. Make sure all screws are very tight.

6) Reinstall connector plug and connect battery.

Enjoy driving your 911 without any gas fumes!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)