View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
"If it doesn't run chrome it"... at least you have a great sense of humor about it!!!

Was it backfiring a lot when you had your ignition problems? I'm just wondering about all the carbon around the intake on the shroud.
Oh yeah, what the heck is going on inside of your charge pipe (the one that attaches from the turbo to the intercooler)? It looks like it is shaped and polished??? Or is that just tape that is showing up weird in the picture?
Great sense of humor. Nope, I just used to own a HD with a 58 pan shovel in it. Actually it ran a lot better than this, but that one I completely rebuilt...

No backfiring

Ronnie, this being my first 930. I didn't even know that was just a bandaid fix. Never paid attention to the turbo oil line. Now i will. Thank you for pointing that out.
Wonder how I will fix it.

The charge pipe is just plugged with a round piece of wood cut by a cup drill ( as we call it) I have covered it in duck tape. I have one for the intake and the charge pipe. To avoid FOD in the engine.
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 09-20-2011 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: Adding text
Old 09-20-2011, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)