View Single Post

Garage
oil leaks and what happen...

I had have some oil leak problems before but let say it was so small and it was not issue. But last autumn I decide to change my original turbo to k27 7200 as well as put less restrictive muffler so I put toys from Brian RLY8 ( nice work Brian!) the same time I take off around 150 kg out of my car. So results was perfect. I drive maybe 100 -200 mils and put my car for winter to my garage.
Just in spring I find much higher oil leak and first problems with clutch. So I make some clutch adjustment and find it work. But some more troubles comes. First I find that boost going to high. Even 2-3 times I had have cut off on second gear on around 5000 or 6000 rpm. Ok I find that something is wrong but still my 930 was going perfect. Oil leaks going to be too high so I decide to see what is going on. I put my car to official Porsche service where I have some friend to see what is going on.

Before we take off engine we find that it is oil in IC as well as it seems that turbo oil gaskets leaks ( maybe 500 mils on new turbo) . We finally removed engine and.... see pictures - I have bigger work to do than I expected.

1.Why oil is in IC and intake? - blow up Turbo?
2.OIL leaks on heads /crankcase all gaskets to be renew ( 700$ -all gaskets) but why too high boost blow up gaskets or ?...

3.What do you think when you see this pictures ? any suggestions?
Buy the way I will install new clutch as original clutch is in bad shape.
I start with small leaks ...
944 TURBO S 1989 WHITE/BLACK # 1 944 TURBO S 1989 #2
911 S 1970 Targa /ex porsche werks car!
911 S 1969 Targa (under rebuild)
Old 09-21-2011, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)