View Single Post
Time Traveller

Garage
Weighty matters

As smooth a hijack of the thread as I've ever seen! Thanks Bubba, for at least addressing my original question. Well, and thanks all for your comments.

I agree it looks like a lot a weight, and I wondered about it myself. This was done at a local shop, since I don't have the technology. On the other hand, the previous Michelin on the back was also weighty, though I don't think it was 70g worth.

To my original question, all fluids (brake and FD) are fine, exactly as I left them at 18k service. The rotor is not at all rusty, though I agree in pic #2 it seems to have picked up some color; the brake pads are wearing evenly, and look good. There is a bit of fluid marking on the caliper mount like the wheels as can be seen in the photo.

Drew, I also had the thought about running through rain and brake dust, but as we all know, it never rains in southern California. It was foggy out, but it was clearing as I left the house. I also did not do any creek crossings, much as I might want a GS.

Having ruled out other things, Bubba's suggestion seems best, and I'll wash it off and see what happens this weekend. Maybe a badger hosed down my rear wheel while I was lunching at the Julian Cafe. No se.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)