View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
So....it could be a combination of a weeping injector (akin to an aging prostate) as well as a symptom of MSD electronics design is what you're saying Thierry. If that is true, then presumeably it won't make any difference if I were to hook back up the ignition cutoff delay relay to delay killing power to the MSD (I may just do that anyway for kicks and giggles). I wonder if dieseling is more prevalent for MSD users vs. stock CDI users?
I would think that the relay would be better left on. Dieseling is destructive combustion to the engine where the normal run on is spark ignited and will stop when the remaining fuel in the intake tract is burned off. Porsche added this for a reason so why not utilize it. My car runs on slightly for about 1 second as well after I raised the system pressure slightly. before this with below spec system pressure it shut off immeditely. It does not worry me but a dieseling engine run on is very rough and destructive.
Frankly I dont know how gasoline could be made to diesel without a spark, looking for someone to offer an explanation on how this could happen.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 09-23-2011, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)