View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfloeyes11 View Post
I have a 2000 boxster with a vinyl rear window. I used plexus and saw tremendous improvement, however there is a small hole developing in the corner and the vinyl window will need to be replaced eventually.

Does Porsche sell a replacement vinyl window? Has anyone else successfully replaced a vinyl window? Does the entire convertible roof have to come off?

I was considering a boat repair shop since boat covers use vinyl windows all the time, but I wanted your input before I did anything.

Thanks for any input.
I do not believe Porsche replaces just the window. If you go to a dealer it will be the entire top.

Personally, if I were going to redo the top I would go with a GAHH top and get the glass rear window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Based on what I've seen I don't want my plastic window trimmed right to the edge and another sewn in on top of the leftover flange resulting in 2 rows of stiches. That's how the Long Beach/Signal Hill shop does it.

When I hear of a shop that does it like original, I'll consider the price.
I know shops that have done it correctly, but they are in the Pasadena/SGV area. Give Tony Callas a call, I'm sure he knows of someone in his area, which is closer to you.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)